Construction area on a bird's-eye view

White Card – WA | Nationally Recognised Training

What is a White Card?

A White Card is proof that you have been deemed competent and have completed a General Construction Induction course/White Card course (formerly known as Blue Card). This is a compulsory course for everyone who works in the construction industry.

Recent Changes to White Card Legislation

As per the Western Australian Department of Mines, Industry Regulations and Safety (DMIRS) requirements, WorkSafe Construction Induction Training (CIT) cards can only be issued to candidates who are physically located in Western Australia at the time of their assessment.

How do I get a White Card in WA?

To obtain a White Card, please go to the White Card Online website and follow the step-by-step instructions listed on their page.

How do I replace my White Card if I have lost/misplaced it?

You must first identify the Registered Training Organisation that issued you with your construction induction or blue card and contact them to have it replaced. If you are unsure who issued the white card, please go to Worksafe WA’s Construction Induction Training Card Database.

How long is my card valid for?

Once training has been completed there is no mandatory requirement to repeat the training.

The national code of practice for construction induction training, an advisory document, provides an option for repeat training if a person leaves the industry for more than two years, or if the employer considers repeat training necessary. It may be the case that some employers require repeat induction training, following the code, as part of safety and health management processes.

Share the Post: